Welcome to my blogspot!

So this is it! My own blog! On here I have posted several of my short stories, poems, and blurbs from my mind. I hope you enjoy them, but most of all, I pray that in them you may find joy, peace, and direction that can come from God alone. To Him I credit all of these works, for without the Lord, these words would be but meaningless slashes on a page.
In Him,
Coby Shae
"And you are my servant. You have been chosen to know me, believe in me, and understand that I alone am God. There is no other God; there never has been and never will be." Is.44:10

Monday, August 24, 2009

W.T.T.H- Dance of Life


W.T.T.H- Dance of Life

Shining down from the heavens above

the stars watch in silent awe.

The steady rhythm of the oceans wave singing a song of its own.

Up above the seagulls cry,

watching me with a spectator’s eye.

My heart soars upon the wind,

eager to escape.

The heartbeat of the earth slowly reaches my feet.

Stronger and stronger it grows,

its life consuming my soul.

Slowly at first,

but gathering speed,

my feet start to turn-

intertwining with creation's never ending rhythm.

Faster and faster I spin,

my hands uplifted towards the heavens.

A joyful song bursts forth, filling the night sky.

All around me the earth sings,

blending with my song.

The seagulls cry,

the waves are pounding.

Spotlights from heaven blend into one

as the sand records my every move.

For just a moment

my life is being lived the way it was meant.

I close my eyes

and listen to its voice.

It's sweet melody carries me onward

telling me to never stop moving.

A new sound pours in,

a voice mixing with my own.

I stop but a moment

before I am swept into a new motion.

His strong arms encircle my waist,

his hands upon my back.

Circling ever onwards

encompassed by his grasp.

Love comes forth

adding its peaceful harmony.

The first rays of sun dawn bright.

The light shining down upon the earth.

Beneath my feet

the sand tells of a story;

of how what started as one

turned into two.

Eternity reigned forth

bringing an end to the dance.

The waves strode forward

erasing the trace of our existence.

Yet the birds still cry

and the stars still shine,

waiting for someone to come along

and discover the dance of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment